dbWatch Control Center is designed to be customizable and much of the contents are developed inside the product
In this section, we will go over how you can customize different parts of the product. To proceed, click on of the topics below:
- Customize dbWatch Views or dashboards using FDL
- Customize Reports in dbWatch Control Center
- Customize or create new engine jobs
- Extending the FDL language with properties, both dynamic and static
- Creating and customizing web dashboards
- The management module is a set of XML scripts that can be extended and altered. There is currently no graphical interface for editing this, but new XML files can be added using resource import.
dbWatch can help our customers in customizing their views. Just email our support team and we’ll set up a call to clarify what you need. Similarly, customizing views can be done by the end user.
To import new files into the product look into the importing resources section
Monitoring can be customized by creating monitoring jobs. There are currently two types of jobs.
Engine jobs, which are installed into the database instance, consist of a part of native database program code and accompanying tables.
There is currently only a graphical interface for editing engine jobs.
You can check out our blogs for a more in-depth look at how to customize your dbWatch views:
- Create a customized database performance view in dbWatch
- Database monitoring: Customizing your views using Farm Data Language to make your life easier