How to get here
The Domain Configuration can be accessed by going to Server > Domain Configuration.
The Domain Configuration dialog lets you configure domain-wide settings.
The concepts listed for each domain on the left side tree are:
- Nodes – Lets you control what dbWatch Servers are allowed to join the domain.
- Roles – Lets you configure the Roles and privileges that are availble to users.
- Users – Lets you configure the users.
- Security groups – Lets you group the instances that you wish to secure access to.
- Servies – Currently not used
In the node configuration there are 2 editable fileds. The displayname and the approved checkbox. This is were you approve new Servers that want to join the domain.
In addition you can see the type (currently server and/or domaincontroller) and id for the node (used in the internal network routing).
Look at the chapter for managing nodes for more detail.
In the roles configuration you can add, delete and configure roles.
Look at the chapter for managing roles for more detail.
This is were you add, delete and configure users in dbWatch.
This is were you define the groups that users and roles can have privileges on.
Look at the chapter for managing security groups for more detail.