In this section we will learn the step by step process on how you can create a custom view using dbWatch properties and your existing monitoring scripts.
In this example we will be creating a dbWatch property and sub properties which will be used to create a custom view where we could monitor all sessions running in our SQLServer and Oracle instances in a single view.
- Download and update the XML template which you will use and modify depending on the performance counter which you would like to create as a view. (Note: read the REPLACE comments on the XML file)
- After modifying the document save it as an XML file
- Go to your dbWatch monitor. On top choose Configure and click Upload Resource.
- A new window will appear, choose the xml file we’ve modified then click Upload.
- In the monitoring module, click on the “+” (plus) sign.
- A new window will appear, which helps you create a new tab and a view.
Specify the name of the view in this example I will name it as Oslo-Cluster Session Info.
- A new window will appear, input the DBWQL query to retrieve the columns from the XML file which we’ve modified.
On top choose File and click Save.
The new view which contains the different columns we would like to display has been created.